SROP-Project Gyengénlátó változat
SROP-3.1.14-12-2013-0001 The "Conscious Media Consumers of the Future – Promoting Media Literacy and Media Awareness" project
Aim of the project
- educating students for media culture and media awareness, transferring knowledge and skills in the framework of learn-by-experience, creative processes;
- facilitating the achievement of the goals set out in the National Core Curriculum;
- active contribution to in-service teacher training in Hungary;
- implementing the educational programme to promote conscious consumer attitudes with special focus on the learn-by-experience approach and pedagogical considerations;
- developing the culture of conscious consumer choices in relation to electronic infocommunication and the media.
Secondary objectives of the project
- development of educational and scientific mechanisms to strengthen consumer protection and safe Internet use;
- integration of underprivileged regions and multiply disadvantaged children, ensuring that they become conscious and responsible Internet users.
Tasks assumed for the period of implementation
- Developing a corpus of knowledge and contents that facilitate the transmission of media literacy skills:
- research, studies and professional contents;
- producing training materials for primary and secondary schools that serve the transfer of media literacy skills;
- ensuring the accreditation of training materials for the teachers involved;
- developing corpora of knowledge, tests and professional materials for students and teachers that are to be made available in the education centre.
- Operation of a centre that will deliver the programme of teaching media literacy skills:
- implementation of the courses and trainings developed;
- preparing the range of institutions involved in the teaching of media literacy skills, elaborating teaching methods, coordinating and assisting participating institutions during implementation;
- developing and providing the services available at the educational centre.
- Organising and implementing knowledge transfer, training, events and campaigns to shape perception:
- enhancing online services;
- organising offline and online educational and information campaigns.
- Beneficiary: National Media and Infocommunications Authority of Hungary
- Supporting organisation: National Development Agency
- Intermediate body: ESZA Társadalmi Szolgáltató Nonprofit Kft.
- Entry into force of the contract for funding: 17/12/2013
- Total cost of the project: HUF 500 000 000
- Percentage of support provided for the project: 100%
- Start date of implementation: 1/1/2014
- End date of implementation: 30/9/2015
- Venue of project implementation: 1021 Budapest, Hűvösvölgyi út 95.